Alleviate pregnancy stress and reduce swelling with a specialist prenatal massage treatment.
Experience the radiance of pregnancy with our signature glow massage. Pregnancy is an incredible, and exciting journey, but it can also be physically demanding due to increases in hormones and pressure on your body. A pregnancy massage is a perfect treatment to help you feel refreshed and rejuvenated during this special time.
Embrace your pregnancy glow with VIDA Clinics
Our pregnancy glow massage, will help you achieve a natural glow, while also focusing on the areas of your body that need extra care. Our expert therapists use gentle techniques that help alleviate back pain, improve circulation, and reduce swelling.
A pregnancy massage can help expectant mothers feel more relaxed, comfortable and connected to their bodies during this transformative time.
Our 30-minute pregnancy glow massage is the perfect way to indulge in a quick and rejuvenating break during your busy day.
The pregnancy glow massage, focuses on the most tension-prone areas, including the back, neck and shoulders. You will feel refreshed and energised as your inner radiance shines through.
Leave feeling rejuvenated and glowing in just 30-minutes.
Our 60 minute full body pregnancy massage is the ultimate pampering experience for expectant mothers.
Your therapist will focus on relieving muscle tension and promoting relaxation on all areas, from your tense neck and shoulders, down to your aching, swollen feet.
To enhance the glowing effect, your therapist will use pregnancy friendly oils, helping to melt those stresses away.
This indulgent massage will leave you feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and with glowing radiance.
Relieve stress and enhance your wellness with VIDA Clinics
If you want to enhance your wellbeing and allow positive energy to flow more freely throughout your body, VIDA Clinics are here to help.
Massage during pregnancy offers many benefits for you and your baby, including:
- Reduces aches and pains caused by the increased strain on the body.
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Encourages “happy hormones” such as, oxytocin, serotonin, dopamine and endorphins
- Reduces the stress hormone, cortisol
- Feeling happier and having reduced stress levels can be beneficial for both you and your baby, lowering the risk of premature birth or low birth weight.
- Helps to eliminate excess fluid that may have accumulated due to additional pressure.
- Helps to improve sleep quality, discomfort and restlessness.
- Loosens tight muscles and promotes better alignment and posture that may be affected by the changes in your body.
Your therapist will conduct a consultation with your prior to your treatment, to assess your suitability for the treatment. They will then tailor your treatment to your specific requirements, taking into consideration factors such as desired pressure, additional focus on specific areas of tension, and recommendations for future treatments.
Is it suitable for me?
Pregnancy massage is typically safe and suitable after 12 weeks gestation and throughout your second and third trimester. It is a recommended treatment for promoting positive mental and physical health which is vital during this time. Pregnancy massage is suitable for expectant mothers who:
- Are feeling tired and in need of rest
- Are in the second trimester
- Experiencing extra pressure on the body
- Pregnancy is considered low to medium risk
There may be certain health conditions or circumstances where caution or avoidance may be necessary:
- Infections or open wounds
- History or blood clots or taking blood thinning medicine
- Injury that may be aggravated by massage
- Previous pregnancy complications
- Severe swelling, high blood pressure or severe headaches
- Placenta problems
Your therapist will discuss your medical history with you and recommend any adaptations or alternative treatments.
What to expect
During your pregnancy massage you can expect:
- A discussion with your therapist regarding desired pressure, areas to avoid or areas to focus on
- You will be lay on your side with pillows to support you, and your growing bump. Your therapist will adjust your position as necessary, to ensure your comfort and safety throughout.
- Gentle, relaxation techniques such as long flowing strokes
- Deeper techniques such as kneading and stretching
- Pregnancy friendly massage oil will be used to enhance the relaxation experience.
- After the massage is complete, your therapist will allow you some time to rest and recuperate.
- Following your treatment your therapist will provide recommendations for post-massage care such as staying hydrated to help eliminate toxins, resting and any future
Simply book a consultation at one of our locations below and we can address any concerns you may have, to help advise you on the best course of treatment for your individual needs, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Keep an eye out for the opening of your next VIDA Clinic location