Alleviate stress and release body tension with this therapeutic Indian Head Massage
Indian head massage is an Ayurvedic massage therapy that focuses on the head, scalp, face, neck, shoulders and upper back, using Champissage and pressure point techniques.
Indian head massage is believed to help alleviate stress and pain by clearing blocked meridians (energy channels) that may be congested with negative energy, contributing to common ailments. It focuses on the three higher Chakras; mind, body and spirit, resulting in deep relaxation and serenity.
Treatments offered by VIDA Clinics
Experience pure bliss with a 45 minute Indian head massage, the ultimate relaxation treatment. Using specific techniques that will release tension and promote relaxation, leaving you feeling renewed and revitalised. The treatment is perfect for those seeking relief from stress, headaches, and muscles tensions as well as promoting overall wellness. Indian head massage is ideal for individuals who spend a long time using computers or sit for long periods resulting in tension in eyes, jaw and upper body.
Indian head massage has numerous potential benefits for the body and mind. Some of the most commonly reported benefits of Indian head massage include:
- Reduces tension in upper body
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Relieves headaches and migraines
- Relieves sinus congestion
- Improves circulation
- Increases serotonin which reduces stress and improves mental well-being
- Promotes hair growth by increasing blood flow and circulation to the scalp.
- Deep relaxation
- Ideal for people who look at a screen or sit for long periods of time, resulting in tension in eyes, jaw and upper body
Your therapist will conduct a consultation with your prior to your treatment, to assess your suitability for the treatment. They will then tailor your treatment to your specific requirements, taking into consideration factors such as your comfort, additional focus on specific areas of tension, and recommendations for future treatments.
Is it suitable for me?
Indian head massage is generally a safe and effective treatment for most individuals. Indian head massage may be suitable for individuals who:
- Spend prolonged periods of time at a desk or in front of a computer
- Suffer with headaches or migraines
- Suffer with stress and anxiety
- Suffer neck pain and shoulder stiffness.
- Pregnant women
Indian head massage is not recommended for individuals with certain medical conditions such as:
- Any injuries or surgeries in the head, neck or shoulder areas.
- Some conditions such as high blood pressure or heart problems
- Epilepsy or other seizure disorders
- Cancer or undergoing cancer treatments
- Open wounds or skin conditions
Indian head massages can be adapted for certain individuals such as pregnancy.
Your therapist will discuss your medical history with you and recommend treatment alterations or alternative treatments.
What to expect
During you Indian head massage you can expect:
- Your massage therapist will discuss the massage with you, including your desired pressure, additional focus on specific areas of tension and will continue to check your level of comfort throughout.
- Indian head massages can be performed in either a sitting position or lying down.
- Your therapist may apply warm oil to your scalp, neck and shoulders
- A variety of massage techniques such as kneading will be used to release tension, and promote the relaxation of muscles in the head, neck and shoulders
- Your therapist may also incorporate the face and ears into the massage.
- Following your treatment, your therapist will provide recommendations for post-massage care such as; drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated and flush out any toxins that were released during the massage. It is also recommended to avoid strenuous activities and heavy meals for the remainder of the day.
Prioritise your health and wellness with VIDA Clinics
Our expert therapists are here to guide you into a deep state of relaxation and serenity, helping you to feel your best.
Simply book a consultation at one of our locations below and we can address any concerns you may have, to help advise you on the best course of treatment for your individual needs, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Keep an eye out for the opening of your next VIDA Clinic location