Reduce stress and anxiety and rejuvenate your muscles with a relaxing hot stone massage
Indulge in the ultimate relaxation experience with a hot stone massage. Picture smooth, volcanic basalt stones, warmed to the perfect temperature, gliding effortlessly over your skin; smoothing your muscles and melting away tension. As the heat from the stones works deep into your muscles, you’ll feel your worries and stress fade away. The skilled hands of your massage therapist will use the stones to knead and manipulate your muscles, releasing knots and easing pain. With every gentle movement of the stones, you’ll sink deeper into a state of total relaxation and blissful tranquility.
This luxurious treatment not only feels incredible, but it also offers many potential benefits for your body and mind, such as increased circulation, improved sleep and enhanced mood.
A 30-minute hot stone massage that specifically targets the back, neck and shoulders, where tensioning stress tend to accumulate. This treatment is perfect for those who are short on time but still want to experience the rejuvenating benefits of hot stone therapy. In just 30 minutes, you’ll feel relaxed and refreshed.
A 60-minute luxurious treatment that targets the entire body, providing a complete relaxing and serene experience. This treatment is ideal for those who want to fully immerse themselves in the healing benefits of hot stone therapy. In just 60 minutes, you will feel rejuvenated and revitalised.
Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
Hot stone massage offers several potential benefits for the body and mind, including:
- Relieves muscle tension and pain
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Promotes better sleep quality
- Boosts immunity
- More effective than traditional massage without a deeper pressure
- Helps chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis
- Improves flexibility and range of movement
- Detoxifying and stimulates the lymphatic system.
Your therapist will conduct a consultation with your prior to your treatment, to assess your suitability for the treatment. They will then tailor your treatment to your specific requirements, taking into consideration factors such as desired pressure, additional focus on specific areas of tension, and recommendations for future treatments.
Is it suitable for me?
Hot stone massage can be suitable for most people. Hot stone massage can be beneficial for for people who have muscle tension or pain, as the heat from the stones can help relax muscles and increase circulation. It may also be helpful for people with poor circulation or arthritis, as the heat can help reduce inflammation and increase blood flow to affected areas.
If you find heat enjoyable, hot stone massage may be a more effective and relaxing treatment compared to traditional massage.
However, people with certain medical conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure or heart disease, may need to avoid hot stone massage, as the heat can affect their condition. Additionally, it is not advised for pregnant women to have a hot stone massage as the temperature in the body can be raised.
Your therapist will discuss your medical history with you and recommend alternative treatments.
What to expect
During your hot stone massage you can expect:
- Your massage therapist will discuss the massage with you including, the temperature of the stones and desired pressure of the massage.
- Heated balsalt stones will be heated to your comfort level and placed on specific areas of your body, such as your back, legs, and arms.
- Your therapist will use the stones to massage, manipulate and apply pressure to your muscles to promote relaxation and pain relief.
- During your massage, your therapist may adjust the temperature of the stones or pressure, based your comfort level.
- After the massage is complete, your therapist will remove the stones and allow you some time to rest and recuperate.
- Following your treatment, your therapist will provide recommendations for post-massage care such as drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated, stretching and avoiding strenuous activities for the remainder of the day.
Ready to start your wellness journey with VIDA Clinics?
If you want wish to benefit improved circulation, enhanced mood and better sleep, VIDA Clinics are here to help.
Simply book a consultation at one of our locations below and we can address any concerns you may have, to help advise you on the best course of treatment for your individual needs, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Keep an eye out for the opening of your next VIDA Clinic location