Enhance your natural beauty with VIDA Clinics skincare
With the right skincare routine, you can enhance your natural beauty and protect your skin from environmental stressors, ageing and damage.
Caring for your skin is crucial to safeguarding your body's largest organ from free radicals, skin ailments, the risk of skin cancer, and enhancing your overall self-esteem. Your skincare routine can be as brief and straightforward as a few essential steps or as comprehensive as a luxurious self-care regimen, depending on your needs and preferences. Regardless of the complexity of your skincare routine, taking the time to care for your skin can have a significant impact on the health and appearance of your complexion, and ultimately, your well-being.
Building a skin care routine:
There are an overwhelming number of options available today and it can be difficult to know where to start. A basic skincare regime typically includes the following three simple steps:
A basic, three-step skincare routine is a great starting point for those who are new to skincare or who have limited time for a more extensive routine. However, it’s important to note that a three-step routine may not be sufficient to address all skincare concerns, and additional steps or products may be necessary for optimal skin health and appearance.
This the first step and is necessary in any skincare routine. This involves using a gentle cleanser to remove dirt, oil, and impurities from the skin. When the skin is effectively cleansed, it creates a clear surface that allows treatment products to penetrate deeply and effectively.
Choose a cleanser that is suitable for your skin type, whether it be dry, oily or combination skin.
When: Morning and evening.
Toning is an additional step to your skincare routine, that can enhance the effectiveness of products.
- Toning involves using a toner to help balance the skin’s pH, tighten pores, and remove ant remaining traces of dirt or makeup. It can also help hydrate and soothe the skin, preparing it for the next steps in the routine.
When: Morning and evening.
This step involves using a product, such as a serum or spot treatment, to address specific concerns, such as acne, hyperpigmentation, hydration, or fine lines and wrinkles.
Serums are able to penetrate deeper into our skin into the dermal layer, which moisturisers simply cannot do. Serums deliver a higher concentration of powerful ingredients which will target specific skincare concerns.
Serums come in a range of textures, from watery essences to thin oils. However, it is important to apply them in order on thinnest to thickest texture to ensure proper penetration, allowing your skin to fully absorb the benefits of each serum.
When: In general, 1-2 times a day, always refer to your product’s instructions.
The skin around your eyes is the thinnest and most delicate part of your face. Regularly using an intensive eye cream or serum can keep dark circles, puffiness and fine lines at bay by hydrating the eye area.
When: Morning and evening.
Moisturising is a critical step in any skincare routine, as it helps to hydrate and protect the skin barrier, preventing moisture loss and promoting a healthy, radiant complexion.
Choose a moisturiser that is suitable for your skin type, whether it be dry, oily or combination skin.
When: Morning and evening.
Protecting the skin with an SPF of at least 30, is an essential step in any skincare routine. Sun damage is one of the primary causes premature ageing, hyperpigmentation, and an increased risk of skin cancer, so protecting your skin from harmful UV rays is crucial.
Harmful UV rays can still penetrate through the clouds and from electronic devices, even on cloudy days or when you’re indoors all day.
When: Reapply throughout the day for maximum protection.
VIDA is here to help
Whether you’re looking to improve the texture and tone of your skin, reduce the appearance of pores, or banish acne, there’s a skincare product and regime that can help. Our experienced skincare practitioners can help personalise a skincare routine, that caters to your unique needs and preference. With the right products and techniques, you can achieve the clear, glowing complexion you deserve, and revel in the joy of a healthy, radiant glow.
Exfoliating involves using a product, such as a scrub or chemical exfoliant, to remove dead skin cells and impurities from the skin’s surface. This can help unclog pores, smooth rough texture, and promote cell turnover for a more radiant complexion.
When: 2-3 times a week.
Adding a face mask to your skincare routine can provide a targeted treatment to address specific skin concerns and give your complexion a boost. Face masks can help to deeply cleanse the skin, exfoliate dead skin cells, provide hydration and promote a more radiant, glowing complexion.
When: 1-2 times a week.
Adding a professional treatment to your skincare routine on a monthly basis can provide effective solutions to a range of skin concerns that cannot be be achieved through a daily routine alone.
These treatments are typically more intense and provide deeper cleansing, exfoliation and hydration for your skin. Adding a monthly professional treatment to your routine can help you achieve your best possible skin and maintain the results.
VIDA Clinics, the skincare specialists
Our skincare professionals are on hand to answer any queries you may have about skincare, procedures, treatments, products, or anything else. Explore treatment options available from leading brands such as Murad, SkinCeuticals and PH Formula.
Book now for a private one to one consultation.
Learn more about Murad
If you are looking for effective skincare and relaxation, then Murad is for you
Murad offers a range of products designed to improve the appearance and health of the skin. Dr Murad, a world renowned dermatologist, focuses on creating effective, clinically proven, cruelty-free skin care products that address a variety of skin concerns, such as acne, ageing, and hyperpigmentation. Murad products are formulated using ingredients that help improve the overall health and appearance of the skin including antioxidants, retinoids, alpha hydroxy acids, and peptides, among others.
Dr Murad also approaches skincare with general well-being and encourages the four pillars to healthy skin: Eat your water, Be kind to your mind, Nourish your skin and Awaken your body. His mission is to share his ground breaking formulas and help people look and feel healthier and younger.
Learn more about SkinCeuticals
For effective, antioxidant skincare that will repair, prevent and protect your skin, there’s SkinCeuticals.
SkinCeuticals specialise in high-performance, scientifically proven products. The brand offers a wide range of products, including cleansers, toners, serums, moisturisers and sunscreens, each formulated with a specific set of ingredients to target specific skin concerns.
SkinCeuticals have lead the way in the role of antioxidants in skincare, with their founder Dr. Pinnell, who was the first to patent a stable form of Vitamin C that effectively penetrated the skin.
SkinCeutical’s philosophy focuses on three pillars: Prevent, Protect, Correct. These principles work together to provide healthier looking skin and effective anti-ageing results. To this day, the brand’s range of antioxidants are the gold standard of antioxidant skincare in the industry.
Learn more about pHformula
For more complex skin concerns and advanced treatments, pHformula uses highly-effective, medical grade treatments.
Launched in 2010, pHformula are the first pharma-cosmeceutical line that specialises in advanced skin resurfacing treatments. The brand offers a range of products that are designed to improve the health and appearance of the skin, with a particular focus on anti-ageing and skin resurfacing.
pHformula’s products are formulated with a unique blend of active ingredients, including glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and lactic acid, as well innovative technologies. The brand also offers a range of targeted treatments for specific skin concerns, such as acne, hyperpigmentation, and rosacea.
pHformula’s products are designed to work together to deliver visible results, with a focus on restoring the skin’s natural pH balance and promoting cell turnover. With continuous research, the focus always remains on the development of innovative skin resurfacing treatments.
Benefits of Skincare
There are numerous benefits of skincare, some of which include:
- Protection against environmental stressors such as, pollution, UV rays and free radicals, which can cause premature ageing and damage to your skin.
- Improved appearance by reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, darks spots and acne.
- Increased hydration and nourishment for your skin, improving it’s overall health and elasticity.
- Relieve discomfort in your skin by soothing irritation and inflammation.
- Boosts your confidence and self esteem, making you feel more comfortable and confident in your own skin.
- Relaxing and soothing, helping you unwind after a long day and reducing stress.
Prevention is easier than correction. Regular use of skincare products, can prevent skin conditions, such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis, from developing or worsening.
What is my skin type?
There are four main skin types: oily, dry, combination and normal.
- Oily skin : Oily skin tends to produce excess sebum, resulting in a shiny complexion, enlarged pores and a tendency to break out.
- Dry skin: Dry skin often feels tight, rough, and flaky. It may have a dull appearance and may be prone to fine lines and wrinkles.
- Combination skin: Combination skin is a mix of oily and dry skin. It may have an oily T-zone (forehead, nose and chin) and dry cheeks.
- Normal skin: Normal skin has a good balance of oil and moisture. It usually has a smooth texture, small pores and a healthy glow.
To determine your skin type, you can observe the characteristics of your skin and how it reacts to different products and environmental factors. Additionally, consulting with one of our skincare specialists can provide a more accurate assessment of your skin type and personalised skincare recommendations.
Complementing Skincare Treatments
A good skin care routine is essential for maintaining healthy, radiant skin, but sometimes an extra boost to achieve our ultimate glow goals. That’s where complementing treatments come in! These treatments can help to enhance the benefits of a great skincare routine, leaving you feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and glowing. Some of the recommended complementing treatments that can be incorporated into a great skincare routine are:
- Murad Method facials - The ultimate treat for your skin! These luxurious facials are customised to target your specific skin concerns, using high-quality Murad skincare products to deeply cleanse, exfoliate, and nourish the skin. Whether you’re looking to combat signs of ageing, reduce acne, or achieve a brighter, more even-toned complexion, Murad facials are the perfect solution.
- pHformula resurfacing treatments - Skin resurfacing is the next generation of skincare. pHformula offers all the benefits and more but without the superficial irritation of a traditional peel. pHformula skin resurfacing is based on regenerative medicine and it works to rebuild the skin through cell to cell communication. There is a pHformula skin solution suitable for every skin problem, and your skincare journey with us will always start with a thorough skin and lifestyle consultation.
- Chemical Peels - Chemical peels can help to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells, which can help to reveal smoother, brighter and more even-toned skin. Chemical peels can also help to improve the appearance of acne scars, hyperpigmentation and fine lines.
- Micro-needling - Micro-needling involves using a device with small needles to create tiny punctures in the skin. This can help to stimulate collagen production, which can improve the texture and firmness of the skin. Micro-needling can also help to reduce the appearance of acne scars, hyperpigmentation and fine lines.
Consulting with one of our skincare specialists can provide a more accurate assessment of your skin and personalised recommendations for complimentary treatments.
Ready to start your skincare journey with VIDA Clinics?
VIDA Clinics have a wide range of treatments and skin care products that can help you make the most of your skins natural beauty, whatever shape, size or colour it comes in.
Simply book a consultation at one of our locations below and we can address any concerns you may have, to help advise you on the best course of treatment for your individual needs, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Keep an eye out for the opening of your next VIDA Clinic location