We use cookies to tailor your experience

Set preferences

Are you worried about your Breast Rash?

What causes Breast Rash?

The breast can be affected by general skin conditions like hives, scabies and shingles – but causes exclusively found on the breast may include mastitis, Paget’s disease, breast cancer and breast abscesses.

What can you do at home?

There are a few things you can do to try and relieve the symptoms of breast rash before seeking further medical assistance. They include:


  • Applying warm water to the area, perhaps by soaking in a bath
  • Using moisturizer (fragrance free)
  • Not scratching
Breast Rash (1)
You should also seek further medical attention if you experience any of the following:

If you find your rash is not going away, or even getting worse then visiting a GP for a full diagnosis might be a good idea. Severe pain and discomfort, fever and sores are other indicators to go for a check-up. Final things to look for include:


  • Red streaks
  • Oozing from the wounds
Are you worried about your Breast Rash?

Here at VIDA we have expert clinicians on hand to help diagnose and treat your condition. To find out more about these services, we recommend visiting the following pages:

Book Today

Or Call Us On

0333 300 2979

Possible Causes and Related Conditions
  • Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
  • Breast abscess
  • Candidiasis (especially under the breasts)
  • Cellulitis (a skin infection)
  • Dermatitis
  • Hives and angioedema
  • Inflammatory breast cancer
  • Mammary duct ectasia
  • Mastitis
  • Nipple dermatitis
  • Paget's disease of the breast
  • Psoriasis
  • Scabies
  • Seborrheic dermatitis
  • Shingles
Frequently Asked Questions
Can hormones cause breast rash?

A breast rash can be a result of allergies, eczema, infection, heat, or even hormonal changes. Women who are menstruating, breastfeeding, pregnant or experiencing menopause may notice breast rashes more due to the skins oil production.

When to worry about breast rash?

If your breast rash hasn’t cleared up after a few days or you are experiencing pain or a high temperature, you should seek medical attention from a doctor who will examine the issue and may refer you to further testing.